Monday, October 11, 2010

stress

ok so its the last week of the first class...My final exam is on Thursday... which means I am half way through first semester....as long as I pass...

Since I am stressed the best way to cope is to talk about it...and since I have to learn about stress and coping I thought I would share a little from my book...lets just see what pertains to me...

Clinical Manifestations of Stress...From Kozier & Erb
  • Pupils dilate (yep, probably from lack of sleep)
  • Sweat production (girls don't sweat we glow)
  • Heart Rate and Cardiac output increase (ok just a little, but i do drink a lot of coffee)
  • Skin is pallid (pale, um just a little but i am part vampire)
  • Sodium and water retention increase (um...)
  • rate and depth respiration increase (not yet)
  • urinary output decreases (not gonna tell you even if I did)
  • mouth may be dry (ok...)
  • peristalsis of the intestines decrease (mmm)
  • mental alertness improves (yeah maybe in some people)
  • muscle tension increases (could totally use a rub down)
  • blood sugar increases (maybe that's from all the candy I have been eating)
ok so not that bad...argh....like I said half way through

No comments: